Terre des Chardons current releases
Bien Luné Costieres de Nimes Rouge
- Varieties: 80% Grenache, 20% Syrah
- Terroir: Siliceous rocks, locally called gress
- Viticulture: Certified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic
- Vinification: Parcels vinified individually, 15-20 days of indigenous yeast fermentation without SO2. Cellar work follows lunar calendar: little to no oenological additions.
Rose d`ete Costieres de Nimes
- Varieties: 50% Syrah, 50% Grenache
- Vine Age: Planted from 1999 to 2002
- Terroir: Soil composed of siliceous rocks
- Viticulture: Certified organic and biodynamic
- Vinification: Harvested in 10kg crates, overnight cold storage to avoid oxydation during long pressing, 10% of the Syrah is saignée, remaining 90% Syrah and the Grenache are directly pressed. Must is cold-settled before fermentation at 16-18°C in stainless steel tanks. Malos done, light bentonite fining and tangential filtration.